Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Clone Wars: A Retrospective of the Show: Part 2

Welcome back, faithful reader, to part two.

Another simple thought about a big part of the show is the fact that is causes something that we in the Star Wars loving community like to call RetCon, or Retroactive Continuity to happen. This is when something is written or made that changes a common fact about Star Wars and something must be come up with that makes the continuity work. One such matter the the show caused was a matter that I like to call the Mandalorian Fiasco of Season 2. This would include the first episode which contained Mandalore and all other episodes containing any mention of them after it. What I am referring to would be the fact that the Mandalorians were depicted as peace-loving, and neutral in the war. As any Star Wars fan who had read anything to do with the Mandalorians during the Clone Wars would know, this is completely ludicrous since they (before the show) were a nomadic people who were almost constantly fighting someone's war. In the show, Jango Fett was even said to be a "common bounty hunter" and his traditional Mandalorian armor was garbage which he had most likely stolen. These facts are so completely against everything that had been made before the show about the Mandalorians that it almost made me refuse to ever watch the show again and caused me to not watch any episodes containing anything to do with Mandalore. I would also like to request that anyone who would consider letting their child watch the episodes simply not. It would also be best that they not watch them either. (This peace-loving, hippy crap is another example of trying to make the show "child-friendly").

Another problem that I have with the show is that every so often, there will be an episode that has to do with something such as a corrupt government official needing to be exposed or some such nonsense. This is quite infuriating. If I wanted to see a couple of politicians speak at each other, I would watch CNN. I don't watch Star Wars for the political aspect, and I would be willing to bet that the children who watch the show probably can't even understand most of what is going on. Therefore, these episodes are completely lost on most of the viewers and for those who can understand it, I am sure it is obnoxious to watch something as tedious as a debate when they were expecting some good fight scenes flawlessly melded into an amazing story-line.

I think that that is about all I have for my Clone Wars Commentary. Until next time, Twilight is still worst than Jar-Jar Binks.

No comments:

Post a Comment